AP Retreat 2017

March 30, 2017

Students+pose+for+a+picture+around+the+campfire+

Students pose for a picture around the campfire

The AP Retreat is a weekend of intense AP exam prep combined with confidence-building physical challenges.

From left to right Carly Asplund, Vannessa Rodriguez, Spencer Cava, Siena D // Hazel Stange

Every year Lincoln’s AP Retreat is held in the Santa Cruz Mountains (Camp Campbell). This year, it was held from March 17, 2017 – March 19, 2017. All students that had one or more AP classes were welcome to go.

Camp Cambell main lodge // Camp Cambell website

On Friday, March 17 all 100 or so students that went on the trip got on the 3 buses at 9:30am and departed to Camp Campbell at 10am. They arrived at around 11am and the first thing everyone did was eat lunch. Students were asked to bring their own lunch that day, but all other meals would be provided.

After lunch everyone was put into groups, mostly based on what AP classes they were in. Each group was doing their own activities. They were hiking, going across the low and high ropes, and rock climbing. Some students, however, started off the weekend with study sessions.

Juniors gather around the fire pit to roast marshmellows // Lily Lopacinski
Aileen Weise and Jena Refuerzo pose for a photo! // Taken from Jena Refuerzo’s public Instgram account

At 5pm you were allowed to go get your belongings and go to your cabin to settle in. The boys had the  Treetop Cabins and the girls had the 49er Cabins on the ground. The tired students were asked to head on over to the Main Hall as the sun was setting, for dinner. The day continued with more scheduled activities and study sessions until about 8pm, when everyone gathered to play games and listen to an inspiring speech.

The next two days were as great as the first one. They were filled with games, study sessions, campfires, delicious food, activities, speeches, skits and so much more!

Even if there was a slight dilemma with some students that decided not to follow the rules before heading off to camp, the 2017 AP Retreat was an amazing weekend for all of those who attended!

If you are taking any AP classes next year watch out for the next AP Retreat 2018.