Lion Tales

Mental health and beginning to heal

Mental health and beginning to heal

Carolina Hernandez, Reporter May 26, 2021

Recently in our country, mental health has been an ongoing discussion, and is becoming something to open up about and not be embarrassed to discuss. Unfortunately, discussing mental health in the past...

Covid-19 & The Art Community

Covid-19 & The Art Community

Sophia Barry, Reporter April 19, 2021

There’s no doubt that art is a very valued part of Lincoln High School as well as San Jose in general. On campus, we have several buildings decorated with student-made art, and then there’s our very...

How To Complete A Task When You Can’t Even Get Out Of Bed

How To Complete A Task When You Can’t Even Get Out Of Bed

Ariana Noble, Reporter April 19, 2021

Falling asleep during class? Incomplete homework? Everyday is a lazy day? Welcome to the club. During this abnormal time, everyday might feel like the same routine. Get up, log into class,...

San Jose protestors holding up signs and marching for the death of George Floyd. Downtown San Jose at City Hall on May 29, 2020 (Andrea Saldana/Lion Tales)

“We’re Sick and Tired:” San Jose Protests the Death of George Floyd

Andrea Saldana, Editor/Journalist May 30, 2020

On May 29th, the people of San Jose protested for the death of George Floyd and many others on the behalf of police brutality. Adults, teens, and even children came with their signs to speak out for the...

Teammates surprising friend on her birthday by driving by and spray painting a car, all while respecting social distancing protocols (Ariana Noble/Lion Tales)

What The Shelter In Place Has Done For Us Teenagers: 2020 COVID-19

Ariana Noble, Editor April 24, 2020

As we’ve been forced to stay inside, we’ve also been forced to get creative. Thanks to Tik-Tok stars and bored teenagers, we’ve come up with some ways to see our friends and entertain ourselves.  Sadly...

SJUSD schools are closing for three weeks. (Kevin Gonzalez/Lincoln Lion Tales)

OP/ED: The SJUSD Coronavirus Emergency

Kevin Gonzalez, Reporter March 13, 2020

Today on March 13th, the Santa Clara County declared that all schools in the San Jose Unified area are closed until April 3rd. There will be no classwork/homework given and no grading shall be done throughout...

COVID-19: Student Opinion

Isaiah Avila March 13, 2020

Santa Clara County has shut down schools. My opinion on this change is making me feel very happy. School has really been stressful for lots of us students. It has been hard since I work and have school...

COVID-19: Student Opinion

Antonia Madrid March 13, 2020

This afternoon the Santa Clara County Public Health announced that many schools in the area will be closed for the next three weeks due to COVID-19. Classrooms this week have received hand sanitizers from...

Corona Virus Reflection

Gio Quezadas, Journalist March 13, 2020

News broke out that all schools in the Santa Clara County are to be shut down beginning March 16th through April 6th. As I heard the announcement through the PA system I, as well as my other classmates...

Opinion COVID-19

Evan Forrest March 13, 2020

Today Friday the 13th the world we are scared. I feel like for the youth this is just something that will blow over, something that will not effect them at all. For the rest of the population like the...

Coronavirus Quarantine Countywide: Events Cancelled at Lincoln

Coronavirus Quarantine Countywide: Events Cancelled at Lincoln

N.K. Chand and Natalie Sierra March 11, 2020

The County of Santa Clara Public Health Department has ordered all Santa Clara County schools to close from March 16th until at least April 3rd in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. All sports practices...

Carnival of Binche 2020, official poster with the traditional mask wore on Tuesday morning.
(Tabatha Menten/Lincoln Lion Tales)

Carnival Of Binche: Our Belgian Tradition

Tabatha Menten, Journalist March 9, 2020

The carnival of Binche is an event that’s celebrated on the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday preceding Ash Wednesday. Ash Wednesday is a Christian celebration that marked the first day of Lent, six weeks of...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
Community