Lion Tales

Filed under Lincoln News, Showcase

2018-2019 Cheer Team: The Heart of Lion Pride

UPDATE (9/14/18): Added photos from recent events and year the cheer coach graduated from Lincoln.

Alexis Revuelta, ’12, Lincoln’s Cheer Coach for 2018-2019, poses before the start of the Cheer season, Fall 2018. (used with permission / Lincoln Lion Tales)

Lincoln High School has a new cheer coach named Alexis Revuelta She was a cheerleader for Lincoln and now coaches the 2018-2019 team. Alexis says that she’s excited for the new cheer team this year and hopes that the girls will “break out of their shells and just have fun.”

Lincoln Lion Tales asked Alexis if there is any obstacles she’s had to face yet. Alexis explained how it’s a little difficult for her because she’s the only head coach for both the Varsity and JV team. She also says that the whole team is new and that they have to start from scratch.

The new team is the heart of Lion Pride, so they should have a lot of spirit. Alexis wishes to teach them to lead a crowd. Elisa Selcedo is a senior on the cheer squad and says “ I’ve had the most fun. We’ve gone to many different events to show our face. I’m really excited for this years cheer team.” 

On August 28, 2018, the Lincoln Cheer Team was invited to the ribbon cutting ceremony at a local 7-11. They received $711 as a donation to the program as a thank you. (courtesy of Alexis Revuelta / for Lincoln Lion Tales)

Recently the cheer team was invited to be apart of the grand opening of 7 eleven. They stood outside and created a cheer involving 7 eleven. The cheer went like ” Y-E-L-L  EVERBODY YELL FREE SLURPEES!!” They also were invited to the athletic booster club at school. They went to support and also got to preform. 

Sharilyn Munoz, a senior, says that “I’ve never really had interest in the team, but I’ve seen them perform at school and at games, and they’re actually really good. I’m glad that they support our football team.”

About the Writer
Ariel Andrade, journalist

Ariel is a senior, in her 2nd year at Lincoln High School. She transferred from Gunderson to Lincoln her junior year. She is easy to get along with and loves making new friends. She also loves animals and enjoys the outdoors. She loves to travel and hopes to travel even more when she’s older. She has a passion for makeup, drawing, and cheer leading. She’s been a cheerleader for 4 years and was captain of the cheer team for 2 of those years.