Throw a Pie at Your Teacher: Breast Cancer Awareness Month at Lincoln

From October 22, 2018 to Friday, October 26, 2018 here will be Breast Cancer Awareness Week at Lincoln High School

During October 22-26, 2018 the Leadership Class is hosting a Breast Cancer Awareness week. They will have a guest speaker on Tuesday and Wednesday, and also there are spirit days. As a reminder:

Monday: Pink Pajamas Day

Tuesday: Pink Ribbon Day

Wednesday: Pink Accessory Day

Thursday: Pink Sock Day

Friday: Wear pink!

On Wednesday they will also sell bracelets.

As the Staff Pie Throwing Contest last year was very successful, they want to do it again this year. If you want to see a photo of some teachers with pie on their face, check out our story about the first pie day in 2014 here. On Thursday, October 25, 2018 every student will be able to throw a pie on an admin or teacher their choice for a charge of $3 each.

Also teachers will host jars for students to donate money from Monday, October 15, 2018 to Wednesday, October 31, 2018. These teachers are: David Oshiro (room P110), Katherine Batti (room 18), Lauren Amoros (room A), Nancy Reid (room 3), Steve Davidson (room P111), Janet Owens (room LMC), and Melissa Marquez (Principal’s Office/Secretary). If you are not a student of these teachers, but still want to donate money, you can find them in their rooms.

All the fundraisers will be donated to the American Cancer Society. The American Cancer Society is an organization found in 1913 to eliminate cancer nation-wide. They provide money to researches, and support.

As (Breast) Cancer Awareness is very important please show your support by participating in the activities around the campus and fundraisers. It is really important to show people who are affected by cancer support and help them as much as you can.