Student of the Month

October 7, 2014

Here+are+the+fifty+students+holding+up+their+Student+of+the+Month+certificates.+Each+student+looked+happy+and+excited+to+be+given+their+awards.+

Here are the fifty students holding up their “Student of the Month” certificates. Each student looked happy and excited to be given their awards.

Student of the Month is an event where teachers acknowledge two of their students out of all their students from their six classes to be recognized for outstanding achievements along with following the “Do Right” motto.

On Thursday, September 25th, the first Student of the Month assembly was held in the media center. All of the students’ family and friends were invited to watch students get awarded for their academic success.

The assembly began with the assistant principle LaDonna Butler saying “I hope Student of the Month encourages kids to keep doing good and being a “Do Right” student.”

Principle Matthew Hewitson presented the certificates to the students; one by one, each student was called up to receive their certificate. Afterwards, the administration provided snacks for all the students. In the end, students were allowed to take pictures with the administration or their fellow classmates.

Jonathan Cornejo and Dj Debele were two out of the fifty students that were rewarded as students of the month.

Math teacher Mea Bira nominated Debele for being a hardworking student and for meeting high standards.

“I felt proud of myself when I found out I was Student of the Month, it made me feel confident in myself and just reminded me to keep working hard because I know it will all pay off,” said Debele.IMG_5500IMG_5507