College Week; Are you ready?

(Kaitlyn Crane/Lincoln Lion Tales)

Kaitlyn Crane

(Kaitlyn Crane/Lincoln Lion Tales)

College Week ran through Oct. 5th to Oct. 9th.  Here’s a recap if you missed anything!

On Monday, teachers told their students about their college experiences. Posters were hung up around the campus to show off what colleges teachers went to.

On Tuesday, the theme was “What do you aspire to be?” Students dressed up in clothes they would wear for their aspiring career choice. At lunch their was a photo booth held in the quad where students could get their pictures taken in their career outfits.

On Wednesday, students and teachers/admins wore their college gear or colors. The College Fair was held in the quad, with the staff representing their colleges and had information and pamphlets for students to learn more about. A scavenger hunt was played, where students had to answer questions about each teacher.

On Thursday the event was career day. “Dress for success!” Students were to wear business attire and dress professionally. At 2p.m. the CSU application workshop was held in the media center, open to students to speak to a mentor about colleges and how and where to apply.

And finally, on Friday it was College Game-Day! In the quad at lunch college games were played, hosted by ASB(Leadership). ASB asked students trivia questions about colleges, when a student answered correctly they won a cup of noodles. After that, students played a game where they ran to a table to put on Lincoln clothing, then ran to pick up a ball to throw in a bucket, after making it they ran and sat down having to recite the Harvard hymn. After reciting they ran to the cup of noodles table where they had to finish them, and which ever group finished first won.