Upcoming ACT

(Manuel Villasenor / Lincoln Lion Tales)

There will be an ACT taking place this Saturday on October 24, 2015. If you missed the the date to register, don’t worry there will be many more. You can go to the ACT website to check the dates or you can look below.

Test Date Registration Deadline (Late Fee Required)
December 12, 2015 November 6, 2015 November 7–20, 2015
February 6, 2016* January 8, 2016 January 9–15, 2016
April 9, 2016 March 4, 2016 March 5–18, 2016
June 11, 2016** May 6, 2016 May 7–20, 2016

The ACT will cost $52.50 but the price will increase by $28 if you miss the deadline. The ACT will test you on subjects like English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science, and an optional ACT writing test. The writing test is an additional $17 dollars and will take 40 minutes.

The test can be taken at schools like Abraham Lincoln High School, San Jose State University, Santa Teresa High School, Silver Creek High School, and William C Overfelt High School. When you go to the testing centers, you will be required to bring papers that you can print once you are done registering for the ACT.

Luckily, if you plan to go to a state college, most schools don’t require you to take the ACT but they do recommend that you take the ACT. If you plan to go to a UC or some private schools then it is required that you take and submit the ACT writing test.

Nallely Nava, former senior who has taken the ACT twice, says “I Prefer the ACT over the SAT. For me, the ACT was a lot easier because it mainly focuses on Math and Science. I highly recommend that everyone takes this test because although you may not be good on math or science, there is a chance that you might do better on the ACT than on the SAT”.