Lincolns Shadows

Shadows at Lincoln. (Lion Tales/Yamile Alvarado)

Every semester our Lincoln student body welcomes many young 8th graders or “Shadows” as we like to call them at Lincoln. This event is known as “Shadow Week,” during this week shadows have the liberty of choosing any high school that they hope to attend later that year.

Throughout the school day, shadows follow a volunteer student around to all their classes to get the first hand experience of what it will feel to attend Lincoln. With Lincoln being a top school in the performing arts category, we get an influx of shadows hoping to get their fair taste of what it’ll be like to be a Lincoln Lion. During the student’s stay they get toured around the school, classrooms, and they get fed pizza.

Shadow Week will last a period of five days, for the next three weeks they’ll be two shadow days per week (Thursday and Friday). How this works is the beginning of Shadow Week will begin on the 14th of January and will end on the 25th of January.

We interviewed a shadow Graham Edelmen about how their experience was on January 14th.

Lion Tales:  Why did you decide to attend Shadow Week here at Lincoln?

Graham: “Well it’s my home school so it would be close, we attended the the parent night here and decided it was a good school”.

LT: How was your whole day experience at Lincoln today?

G: “It was a fun day! I got a tour of the campus and got to see many classes. they also served me pizza so that was good”.

As the first shadow week comes to an end we hope that the shadows that attended Lincoln had a good experience and select Lincoln as their school.