“Prospect High: Brooklyn” Review

Prospect High Brooklyn pamphlet (Photo taken by Kaitlyn Crane/ Lincoln Lion Tales)

Lincoln theater Guild proudly presented “Prospect High: Brooklyn” on the 14, 15, and 16 of January. The play was a free showing performed by the Boxed in Theatre Company (BitCo). It had an amazing turnout and the students and parents that attended loved the play very much. The success from the play goes to show how much talent our performing arts club really has, and how hard these students work to perfect each and every skit. Their hard work surely doesn’t go unnoticed. It was an outstanding moment for the students to be able to do what they love and show off their individual talent and Lincoln’s drama department as a whole.

1st scene in the play was called Freshman/Senior played by Jena Rothenberger and Veronica Farrell. There was no intermission during this play. It was Directed by C. August Manthe.

The play is about a student who goes to a public school that is named Prospect High in Brooklyn. The school is filled with a bunch of characters, all with great personalities. The main character Devin is a troubled teen who is getting bullied and harassed by a bully and his friend so Devin who is also dating the principal’s daughter and he decides enough is enough and wants to fight back and take it to extreme measures. But instead he decides to torture him and make him suffer to make him feel like how he was feeling. What triggered all this you ask? Well Devin get’s called into the office to discuss the action he has made and the teacher gives him a tough lecture that is somewhat a rant, telling him how he shouldn’t fight anymore cause it’s going to land him in some big trouble.

“It was really intense,” said Stephanie Ando, a Junior from Prospect High in Campbell. “Even though some of the stuff was hard to hear,” she continued “it needed to be heard.”