March, the Madness: Spirit Month Continues

Kayla Aryanpour

Championship! Juniors vs Teachrs!

March Madness 2016 is here again and Lincoln devoted the week of March 7 to some awesome activities. All classes, from Freshman to Seniors will played a dodgeball tournament at lunch in the gym. Also, Mardi Gras was celebrated on Wednesday, and all your “ favorite teachers” were ready to get pied.

On Monday, the first week of March Madness, the Sophomores took on the Seniors in a dodgeball match. Seniors ended up taking the win and progressed onto the next round. On Tuesday, Juniors played a dodgeball match against the Freshman. Juniors ended up winning within minutes of the match and played in the next round against the Seniors.

On Wednesday, it was Mardi Gras and students were able to pay to pie any teacher they wanted. Prices were $2 for 1 pie and $5 for 3 pies. This event was hosted by our Lincoln Cheerleaders in order to raise money for the team. Read more here.

Food and beverages were being sold as well during lunch in the quad. Not only that, but a special performance by the Xochitl Dance Team was being held. Pie, food, and performance—a day not to miss.

On Thursday of March Madness, the Juniors played a match of dodgeball against the seniors for a chance at the Championship. Juniors ended up taking the win and went on to play the teachers. On Friday, the final match of dodgeball was held; Teachers and Juniors went at it for the winning title! Teachers ended up with the victory.

Want more Madness! Here’s the schedule for this week’s activities…

March Madness Schedule, 3/14-3/17:

Monday March 14- College and Career Center quad

Tuesday March 15 – Capture the Flag: Juniors vs Freshman

Wednesday March 16- Capture the Flag: Seniors vs sophomore

Thursday March 17- Capture the Flag Championship