March Madness Week 3: Capture the Flag

Kayla Aryanpour

Two of the Junior class competitors Adrian Formeta and Thomas Ballin!

CAPTURE THE FLAG week is here! The students were told to bring a colored rag from one side of the field to the other side without a player from the opposite team being able to pull their flag. It takes speed, reflexes, and thought to be able to pull it off without getting out. The students got out of their 4th period 10 minutes early to gear up and get ready! The schedule of these games were…

Tuesday: Juniors vs Freshmen

Wednesday: Seniors vs Sophomores

Thursday: Seniors vs Juniors

Lincoln has made it so every time classes compete it is Juniors vs Freshman and Seniors vs Sophomores so it is fair.  On Tuesday March 15th Juniors and Freshmen competed on the first day of Capture the flag. Juniors ended with the win after an intense game! On March 16th Seniors and Sophomores competed with the Seniors winning! On the last day of capture the flag the two winners Seniors and Juniors competed for the winning title. After an nerve racking game the Juniors took the win! Each class worked very hard and played their best.

Each day of capture he flag was played on the soccer field during lunch. Students from around the school came to watch and cheer their classmates on! It was entertaining to watch especially because it was friends playing with and against each other. Just watching these games gave you a rush!

Adrian Formeta said, “It was a great experience and I had fun with my friends! I hope I am able to do it again next year!” Thomas Ballin said, “I had so much fun! I had to have some mental preparation so that I could keep my game face on!” Emalie Ortega said, “It was a really fun time for my classmates and I to play against the Seniors and fight and represent for our class of 2018!”