March Madness Week 5: Powder Puff

(Noel Ramirez/ Lincoln Lion Tales)

On Wednesday, March 30th, Juniors and Freshmen ladies played flag football for the first game of Powder Puff 2016! After a close game and the crowd not knowing who would win, Juniors ended up taking the win. Another close game was played on Thursday, March 31st Seniors and Sophomores played each other and after a VERY intense game the Seniors took the win. The Senior’s and Sophomore’s game was very good, but unfortunately one of the senior players, Sydney Espinoza got an injury by getting tackled as she was running the ball.

After the nerve racking games played at lunch there are now two winners, Junior and Seniors. Due to the injury during the Senior and Sophomore game that was played on April 1st, there will be a makeup game. The injury was pretty serious so the game is now postponed until May 20th at 5:30 pm at Lincoln’s football field.

Freshman Stephanie Torres says, “I had a great time playing. I wasn’t sure if I would have fun, but I’m glad I made the decision of joining powder puff this year. I know for sure I will be joining again next year!” Senior Sydney Espinoza said, “Although i got an injury I am so excited to play on May 20th against the Juniors in the championship!” Emalie Ortega said, “It was really fun and it is one of my favorite events of the school year!”