Big Bone Rally Pumped Up Students for the Game

Each grade level screaming on the top of their lungs, each class level performing “spooky” skits, the pep-band playing enthusiastically, and graceful dances by the Cheerleaders and Convertibles, 2013’s Big Bone rally was a huge success.

Monika Groueva and Devin Uriarte hosted the rally this year. They started the event off with the performances by each grade level.

This year’s theme was “Spooky Supernatural.” Freshmen- who came in last place- presented a skit on vampires. Sophomores creatively displayed a competition between Bulldogs and Lions for the bone with the concept of werewolves. The seniors, second place, were zombies, their skit was a remake of Zombieland. They showed cool stunts performed by Mike Kenei, Eros Escalano-White, and more.

This year’s winner was the Junior class who performed a skit on Harry Potter. One side was team Harry Potter, the other was team Slytherin.

The Juniors had worked extremely hard for this skit; Samra Geberstadkan told Lion Tales, “As a group, we were all committed and did not rehearse out of only competition, but to enjoy.”

“I am so glad I was a part of this year’s float, we were all big one family, I will indeed miss those crazy and fun times now that Big Bone season is coming to an end,” continued Geberstadkan.

Anmol Pannu, senior, also shared her experience, “Being a part of the Senior float was a memorable experience, we had an amazing time despite a few problems we faced.” She added, “I would definitely recommend everyone to join their class float next year.”

After the skits were performed, a scream competition between the grade levels took place. Then, the cheerleaders performed, followed by a spooky dance presentation by the Convertibles.

The rally ended with Coach Collins introducing every football player, followed by the Senior players dedicating their jerseys to an important teacher of theirs. The Seniors would introduce themselves, their position, and dedicate their shirt to a teacher who left an impact on their high school life in some way.

As the rally ended and students fled off the bleachers, Lincoln’s band played music.

Junior audience member Maria De La Cruz told Lion Tales, “I had a great time, this was probably the best rally I have seen so far; I was amazed by the Juniors’ skit and am extremely joyful we won.”

The rally was a wonderful time for the teachers, players, and Lincoln student body.