2016 Prom Night at the Marriott

Table decorations at the San Jose Marriott for Prom 2016. Prom 2017 will also be held in this hotel. (Alyssa Bueno/ Lincoln Lion Tales)

Jocelyn Insurriaga

On Saturday night — May 14th, Lincoln High School held their Hollywood themed prom at the Downtown San Jose Marriott.

This year’s prom provided extra safety for personal belongings — ensuring that everyone’s possessions remained safe throughout the night. The safety precautions were composed by student volunteers and a couple of teachers. They stood guard at a small room — the room was near the staircase, before the prom entrance area — with a table to give students the space to drop their belongings off. Students who did so, got a ticket that matched the number which was placed with their belongings.

There were separate tables for the prom entrance to the dance floor, food, and picture area. Students attending the prom had to have their school I.D.; once they showed their credentials, a staff member from LHS gave them a wristband: which allowed them in-out privileges.

The entrance to the dance, food, picture area was occupied by teachers and students by 7:30 PM. Food — snacks were provided. That of which included: crackers, fruit, pie, cookies, cupcakes, apple cider, and water. The dance area included a plethora of seating tables. The tables were decorated with floral tablecloth, lit candles, and roses.

The DJ played a small range of music, that of which included Hip-Hop, Spanish, Rap-singing. Students rose as popular songs came on, the dance floor was constantly occupied, as were the tables.

To top of prom, LHS provided a photobooth for the students. There was a table with props to use in the booth. The booth worker gave students two prints of the same picture, once they took one.

We hope to see you at prom next year! Stay tuned with Lion Tales for weekly stories!