New Teachers Excited for New School Year

Get to know Lincoln High School’s new teachers.

It’s an exciting new year for Lincoln high school, and with it come exited new teachers! This week, Lion Tales will be looking at 5 new faculty members: Ms. Toal, Ms. Corman, Ms. Reichmuth, Ms. Newton, and Ms. Cunningham. Stay tuned for next week, when Lion Tales covers 5 other new teachers.

Ms. Toal hails from Portland, Oregon. She attended Stanford University where she met a lot of new people from all over who challenged her thoughts. On her free time she enjoys hiking, running, and ski racing, which she did growing up and through college. She enjoys being outside so much she would buy a house in the hills. She chose Lincoln because of how collaborative the teachers and the students are. Her most awkward moment was in high school when her pocket of her jeans was ripped and her nemesis pointed it out. The biggest issue facing youth in her opinion is stereotype threat, or the belief that you are the stereotype. She believes that age limits on grades limit student potential.

Ms. Corman is from Corralitos, CA, and attended UCLA, CU Boulder, and UCSC. She loves all types of food. She grew up listening to mostly Rock and Roll, and likes the Beatles. During her free time she enjoys playing and watching soccer, with the US Women’s National Soccer Team being her favorite professional team. For her first year at Lincoln she looks forward to being welcomed by San Jose’s diversity. Her favorite movie is Howl’s Moving Castle. Fun fact, if she could be an animal, she would be a contented, lazy pet dog.

rsz_1rsz_img_5933cr4

Ms. Reichmuth is from San Jose, and attended San Jose State for BS-business, teaching credential, MA-counseling and MA-history. Her favorite thing about San Jose is it’s vicinity to hobby venues, such as those for surfing, skiing, and attend the opera. She looks forward to mentoring and teaching the students at Lincoln to become superstars inside and out. Reichmuth’s sport of choice is triathlon, but her favorite sports teams are the SF Giants and SJ Sharks. Her top three favorite music bands are Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, and Pearl Jam. Her favorite color is black.

Ms. Newton is from San Jose. She attended college at UC San Diego. Her favorite food is ice cream. She enjoys watching sports, with the Giants being her favorite team. She looks forward to being part of such a diverse and welcoming community. Her favorite color is periwinkle, a very unique mix in the blue and violet family. She likes all kind of music, with Drake, The Chainsmokers, and G-Eazy being some of her favorites.

IMG_0288-475x355

Ms. Cunningham hails from San Francisco California. She Attended UCSC, where she met many new people of different cultures and backgrounds. Her hobbies include sleeping, something she can do a lot more of now that she’s a full time teacher, and going out with friends from high school. She came to Lincoln due to the collaborative nature of both the teachers and students, and looks forward to working with both as the year goes on.