Media Center Delayed, Set to Open November 28th?

Construction workers creating wooden forms to pour concrete for new pathways around Media Center, October 2016. (Fernando Serna / Lincoln Lion Tales)

Abraham Lincoln High School’s expected re-opening of the media center has been delayed and is now postponed until after Thanksgiving break in 2016. This has been an issue for both the staff members and students on campus because many rely on the Library as a tool for education and guidance.

The renovation project began back in 2015 where Lincoln awaited approval to start construction. One year later, the construction began in August and was expected to finish October 1st, but was delayed to November 28, the day school resumes from Thanksgiving break.

This delay generated issues of noise for nearby classrooms, left students without access to the media center, and has created a inconvenience to students walking near the Science building. Daniel Ceja, student at Lincoln, commented that the construction noise “interfered with student engagement.” He also said the media center was a convenient spot to meet for “group projects and to get homework done.”

Ms. Lyte assured Lion Tales by saying, ¨We’re almost there.¨