Lincoln’s State CAASPP Test And Its 2 Hour Periods

Lincoln’s CAASPP Test Gave The Students 2 Hour Periods, Lets Go See What They Thought About it

Dimitri+early

Dimitri early

This week Lincoln is having its state CAASPP testing and because of it, the periods are two hours long and leaving students staying an hour longer than usual. During the week, I went around school asking students what they thought about their two hour periods. I thought I was going to hear that they didn’t like it at all and had nothing to say about it being good, but I was wrong.

Alejandro Espinoza  –  “Something I like about the 2 hour periods is that It gives me time to finish any work I have to finish.” “But something I don’t like about the 2 hour periods is just being in the same class for two hours.”

Ramiro Rodriguez  – “My favorite class to spend 2 hours in would probably be P.E because we get to play sports with friends and have fun while doing It.” “Something I would change about the two hour periods is to have the students get up and stretch and move a little because it starts to feel uncomfortable sitting in the same chair after awhile.”

Chris Lawrence – “Something I didn’t like about the 2 hour periods is that after school I have to pick up my little brother and since I’m in school for an extra hour it leaves my little brother waiting for me after school.” “something I like about the two hour period is that It brought my grade up because it gave me time to finish work and turn It in.”

Marcos Valdovinos  – “I don’t like the two hour periods because being in the same class for two hours gets really boring and doing it three times just gets really annoying.” “But it does have its perks, because some of the classes I have for two hours are fun because of what were learning and when you have friends in your classes it’s fun.”

As a student of Lincoln High School I thought the two hour periods were very helpful because I got so much work I needed done. Another thing I liked about it was the classes I have two hours in, like Media Arts. Something I would change about the two hour periods is what Ramiro said about having time to get up and stretch and move around near the half way mark.