Lincoln High School: Spirit of Giving

As the holiday season continues to approach, Lincoln High School is taking part in what we call the “Season of Giving.” This was started 27 years ago by, one of Lincoln’s very own teachers, Ms. Zamora and has since become a Lincoln tradition. Its name holds true to the cause, as it allows our Lincoln community to come together and help support our students and families in need.

One way we do this is by “adopting a family,” which allows classes and clubs to select one of the referred families and provide them all their requested needs. The requests range from gas and grocery gift cards, to household cleaning or toiletry supplies, to clothes, quarters for laundry, and holiday gifts for each child in the family. Another way is by requesting donations of: gift card, foods with long shelf life such as canned goods, household items, toiletries, clothes of all sizes, and holiday gifts.

“I love that Lincoln does this every year! I think it’s an important reminder that this time of year isn’t about receiving, but its true purpose is to bless the people around us.” -Emma Waters, a Freshman at Abraham Lincoln High School.

Lincoln is already accepting donations, now until December 22nd. If you want to donate anything, don’t forget to label it “Spirit of Giving” and it can be turned into Student Services or delivered to Kelly Phillips.

**Update (12/22/2017):  Through the Spirit of Giving, Lincoln received roughly $7,000 in gift cards and about $7,000 worth of household items. Twenty-five families were referred to this years Spirit of Giving, so with these resources each family was able received a box of food, a box of household cleaning supplies and toiletries, and also received quarters for laundry.