Lion Tales

Filed under Lincoln News, Showcase

Get Out and Vote!

The 2018 ASB Elections Quickly Approaching

Elections+take+place+from+May+15th+-+May+18th%2C+and+votes+open+up+on+TallySpace.com.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Get Out and Vote!

Elections take place from May 15th - May 18th, and votes open up on TallySpace.com.

Isabelle Santiago

Isabelle Santiago

Isabelle Santiago

Hey there Lions! With Class and ASB elections quickly approaching we thought you may like to know who is running for which title and what that title means.

Members of the Associated Student Body have the weight to carry out the most important projects Lincoln tackles each year. Class presidents are in charge of voicing the opinions of their peers and specific events pertaining to their class while ASB Presidents run weekly meetings on expenditures and school budgets with Mrs. Philips, have a weekly meeting with Principle Hewitson, create the master schedule of events including sports and art extracurriculars, and much more. The Vice President helps to manage the presidents time and works to help ensure that the specific needs or concerns of the class are being addressed to the best of the school’s ability. The Secretary is in charge of taking all meeting minutes and making sure that the ASB cabinet is staying on task. Lastly, the Treasurer works as a sort of ASB banker, overseeing all monetary transactions, guaranteeing that all money is safely deposited and accounted for while staying on budget with all projects.

This year we have Juniors Julianna Sainz and Meghan Schroeder competing for senior class president. Juliana is apart of Lincolns Cheer Team while Meghan has been equally accomplished in her Track career and is also currently ASB Secretary. While Juliana has been active in Lincolns leadership program, she has no experience in ASB. Meghan has been actively involved in ASB this year, continuously helping out the freshman class.

Running for senior class Vice President we have juniors Jeffery Shmelzer and Ellie Guenturt. Jeffery has been apart of Lincolns Varsity Water Polo and Swim Team for 3 years now and Ellie is currently ASB Public Relations Officer and on both the track and wrestling team. Both candidates are members of Lincolns Leadership Team.

Reul Yang is running for ASB Secretary against Brianna Gonzales, both of which are sophomores. Ruel is known for being extremely respectful and “by the book” while Brianna is known for the beautiful posters she makes for leadership.

Amber Laframboise is running, unopposed, for sophomore class president. Amber is well known around campus for the talent she brings to the track team.

The elections are quickly approaching, keep an eye out for an update on how exactly you can cast your vote.

About the Writer
Hazel Stange, Co Editor and Chief

Hazel Stange is a Senior now at Lincoln High School. She is the President of Lean In, the women's empowerment club on campus. As a avid political activist...