Lion Tales

Filed under Lincoln News, Showcase

College Week!

This drawing is drawn by a student that attends Lincoln High school. He/she put lots of hard work into this drawing of Santa Clara Mustangs.

College week began with Comfy College gear day, many teachers and students dressed down for this laid back day. College Week occurred October 15 – October 19 this year. Each day during lunch, the quad was filled with upbeat music and aspiring artists. They drew and colored in multiple college designs from San Jose State’s Spartan and Cal Berkeley’s Bear Claw in chalk on the ground.

The second day of college week, ASB hosted exciting games in the quad, many people signed up for the annual water balloon toss. This year the competition was fierce but that didn’t stop students from showing up. They also had Cal State help with college applications, known as their college application workshop.

On Wednesday, Wild 94.9 set up studio in our quad and played music during lunch. Lincoln had their photobooth available with college decor and fun costumes. Also, they had a booth for students who are figuring out what road they’ll take after high school. On a name card, they wrote their aspirations and wishes for post-graduation. 

Brennan Potter were painting peoples faces for free in the quad. Go and get your face painted at lunch.

This stencil was filled in by Carmen Vargas during college week 2018. The logo for Cal Berkeley is called the “Bear Claw.” (Ariana Noble/Lincoln Lion tales)

This is the pre-voting stand for students that are 15 or above to vote on your laws and or president. Students could register to vote in the quad October 16, 2018. (Jason Leimbach / Lincoln Lion Tales)

For the second to last day of college week, ASB hosted more games in the quad. Lincoln students and staff wore more college gear, some students dressed up as their college mascot! 

The last day of college week consisted of wearing your college colors, Ms. Kolling wore all blue for her UCLA pride! Today teachers and administrators hosted a college fair; the quad was filled with tables having information about college as well as post graduation options. Teachers talked to students about college and answered numerous questions about scholarships and grants. 

When a DJ from 94.9 was asked for advice on college, he stated “If you put it into the universe, it will happen.” Summarized, he told kids never to give up, keep persevering, and push through the one class you hate.

About the Writer
Jason Leimbach, Journalist

Jason Leimbach is from San Jose, Ca. Friends and family usually call him JJ for short. He likes to play baseball and basketball for his sport activities. Jason`s favorite music genre is hip/hop & R&B. This year is going to be his 12th year playing baseball. He has a great personality of funny and kind. Jason is always in a fun and active mood even if he is having a gloomy day. Jason in never shy to speak in front of the class or in a big crowd to speak up. He is looking forward to a great sophomore year in journalism.