Club Rush 2.0

Clubs. THERE ARE CLUBS?!

This year is full of new and exciting ways you can better involve yourself in Abraham Lincoln High School’s community. Make sure to clear your schedules for Club Rush 2.0, where all the active clubs come out in the quad and share who they are, what they do, and will be selling food. Club Rush 2.0 will be happening on Wednesday, October 20th and Thursday, October 21st, during lunch, be sure to check out a few of the newest and re-birthed clubs below.

The newest club on campus is the National Science Honor Society. This club is based on science-related community service projects that ask you to wonder, serve, and care for the environment. If you want to know more about it, email the president, Senior Ruting Hung, at [email protected] or check out their Instagram page @lincoln.snhs.

The school has some older clubs that were on hold or inactive in previous years before COVID. Starting off with the Lions Cubs (Hip Hop Club). They are a dancing club that is held on Mondays,  Wednesdays, and  Thursdays at lunch in the Boiler Room. If you love to dance, go check it out and dance your heart out! 

The “Treehuggers” club creates awareness around the impact we have on the environment and contributes to conservation efforts. They meet on Mondays at lunch in Room 46 to discuss eco-related hardships, the hope that they have for our planet, and all the situations that include us damaging the environment.

Last but not least, the Anime Club is ready to take on some new recruits. They gather every Tuesday at lunch in Room 207 to fawn over all the recent and good original anime that they love and adore. From mainstream, like “Death Note” and “Hero Academia”, to Studio Ghibli films such as “Ponyo” or “Howl’s Moving Castle”.

For the students who are interested in clubs that offer community service, here are some clubs that do offer it:

• Lean In (Our women, empowering club): Meets on Wednesdays at lunch in Room 57.
  • Interact (A hands on club that is about serving our community): Meets on Wednesdays at lunch in Room B4.
  • National Art Honors Society/NAHS (Art related service in the community): Meets on Wednesdays at  lunch Room 52.
  • National Honors Society/NHS (Academic honor society dedicated to service): Meets on Thursdays at  lunch Room 52.
  • Key Club (provides service and volunteer opportunities for the community): Meets on Tuesdays at  lunch Room 73.

Even if you are not interested in joining any clubs or are already in a club, every club is participating in the Lincoln Food Pantry this year, so everyone has a chance to get community service hours.

If you are interested in starting a club, talk to Mrs. Phillips, the activities director, in Room 103 or email her at [email protected].

“I am always willing to approve a new club at any time during the school year if it is in the best interest of students.” Mrs. Phillips said.

Make sure to go out and support all of our clubs! GOOOOO LIONS!