Bilingual Student Newspaper of Abraham Lincoln High School, San Jose California.

Lion Tales

Lion Tales

Lion Tales

“Willy Wonka”

Not just a chocolate factory anymore
Willy Wonka

The “Wonka” movie came out late last year and it was about a young man who dreams of being a chocolatier and having his own factory. Even before it came out, there were such good reviews and lots of excited people who wanted to watch it. I watched it and here’s what I thought graded on a scale of 1-10.

The character development of Wonka and Noodle was very impressive, so I’d give it an 8/10. In the beginning Wonka has big dreams but seems foolish while Noodle is very realistic, but has seemed to give up on a better life. As the movie progresses Wonka becomes more motivated but still is really inspired and Noodle warms up to the idea of a better life and sees hope. The side characters work together well with Wonka and Noodle, and have a good story that makes the movie very funny.

The music was the best part and easily a 100/10. The songs are all really good and get stuck in my head. It seems like my whole TikTok feed loves the music and I can still sing the song in all the ads. The dances are also really good and very funny because they match the idea of the songs and are really fun to watch. The music was overall amazing and is still some of my favorite songs.

My overall score for the movie is 9.5/10. I think while it was really funny and I have watched it 2 times, the characters could have been sillier. This is a good movie to watch as a family and I would tell other people to watch it too.