Classic Films Return to the Big Screen

Classic Films Return to the Big Screen

The classic films, “The Breakfast Club” and “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” will at the Retro Dome this weekend. No one wants to miss these all-time favorite movies so neither do you!

“‘The Breakfast Club’ is about five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m., they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. To the outside world they were simply a Brain, an Athlete, a Basket Case, a Princess, and a Criminal, but to each other, they would always be the Breakfast Club” (IMDb).

“‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ is about about a high schooler who wants a day off and even makes a scheme to fulfill his desire. Suspicious dean of students Ed Rooney knows all about Ferris, but can never catch him. Ferris’ sister Jeanie is also frustrated that Ferris always gets away with his tricks and she doesn’t. Furthermore, Ferris is an ‘angel’ in his parents eyes. It’s Ferris’ day off, he’s out to enjoy himself, and he does!” (IMDb).

If you have never seen either of these films, now is your chance. Even if you have seen them before, you are still encouraged to attend.

Timings, location and more information can be found here.

This past weekend, the Retro Dome put on the classic James Bond film “Goldfinger”. It was a success and the audience enjoyed the show. A couple of weeks ago, “Grease” was screened (if you feel bad that you missed that, be sure not to miss “The Breakfast Club”  or “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” this weekend) and everyone had a lot of fun with the interactive activities at the event.

More movies such as Finding Nemo and A Bug’s Life are coming soon to the big screen. Show times can be found on the Retro Dome website.

However, after this month, these Domes- which represent the architecture of San Jose- will be destroyed. Sad? Well you can help by signing this petition. Whether or not they remain permanently will be revealed by the end of March. In the meantime, the Retro Dome is open for all audiences, playing retro, family, and epic films that everyone should check out on the big screen. San Jose Mercury even posted an article saying that the petition is not enough to save these domes. It will be better to use the land for something better. That does not mean we should give up, everyone should sign the petition. After all, 50 year old architecture that represents San Jose and plays amazing movies should be saved.

Guggenheim Entertainment also offers a summer program where children can learn theater skills. The purpose is to get kids comfortable with the stage and enjoying their performance, whether just for fun or if they plan to pursue a career in theater. The camp goes from July 7 to Aug 1, and students from 3rd to 12th grade are eligible to enroll.

More about what they do, pricing, and all your other questions can be found here.