Lincoln High School Leadership Win!

Congratulations to Thi Dang, Zachary Pardo, Cecilia Madrigal, Lucero Armas, Lileana Torio, Anna Regalado, Anthony Sanchez for winning second
place in the High School of the Future competition!  Last Friday, Thi, Zach, Lucero, and Cecilia went to the southwest regional architectural conference hosted by CEPFI in Berkeley. They presented to superintendents of school districts and leading architects in education.

There was a competition at Lincoln where students had to design a hypothetical high school. The submission for the contest required a 2,500 word narrative, a multimedia presentation, and a 3D model of the architectural building that’s digital or physical. The Lincoln students entered the competition with hopes of building a school that was ideal for the twenty-first century student. The students met in class and sometimes on weekends to work on their project to make sure it met not only with their standards, but Lincoln’s as well. The students did have a mentor who came in once a week to help the students, but majority of the work was done by the individual students. Students met to discuss Education Methodology, Environmental Sustainability, Community Integration, and the design of the school itself. The project was hard work and tiring at times, but it was an amazing success.