ASB Election Candidate Statements

(Update, 5/13/14, 08:54 PST, spelling for candidate names)

We sent out an e – mail to all the eligible ASB candidates asking for a statement on themselves, their goals, and why you should vote for them. Here they are:

Sophomores:

Lucero Armas: Hello, my name is Lucero Armas  and I’m running for Sophomore treasurer. I’m a responsible leader who can bring new and creative ideas to our school. I vow to work alongside the rest of the leadership class to make any activity one to remember. So remember to vote for me, because not only do I get the job done, I get it done well .

Faith Jones: Hello, my name is Faith Jones, and I will be running for Sophomore Vice President. For me as a person I don’t like to be seen as predictable , I always love to bring something new to the table. Our school’s already good , but with my ideas and resources we can turn our school into a phenomenon.  I hope Lincoln’s ready  to TURN UP.

Cecilia Madrigal: Hello, my name is Cecilia Madrigal, and I am running for sophomore Vice President. I believe I am the right choice for this school, with my Leadership skills already in hand I believe I can make a huge different at Lincoln. I don’t want to bring past ideas to the table, I want to bring fresh new ideas. Lincoln has the potential to be better then it has ever been.

Maya Lee: I’m Maya Lee and I’m running for freshman class president. I believe I’m a great benefit to the school. I have a set of leadership skills and experience that will help build the school into a better place like working with teachers and administrators to make more community service days.

Juniors:

Leslie Salzar: Hello, my name is Leslie Salazar, and I’ll be a junior class commissioner.  The good benefits I can bring to Lincoln is more lunch activities that includes everybody meaning something not so hard, but fun. I would also like to have the administrators interact more with the students because I think it is important to communicate to better our school.

Israel Diaz Suarez: Hello, my name is Israel Diaz, and I will be running for Junior Class president. If I am chosen to be the next junior class president. My number one goal is to make our junior year a great experience for everyone, because I know that many of us are going to take challenging classes next year that is why I want to make fun events to relieve everyone. Another great idea is to have the administrators play games with the students to keep our school closer. I also want to make sure that everyone’s voice is heard so I can know how our class feels about the event or what they would like to have. Those are my main goals, I have many other things that I will have for us the, class of 2016.

Seniors:

Gissela Samano: Hello, my name is Gissela Samano, and I will be running for Senior Class president. Our year, Our memories, Our voices, Your votes. It is our last year and we HAVE to shine. I will provide you all with fun activities, dances, etc to make our school fun. I will not let anyone leave high school with anything behind but footprints and in rewards they will all take amazing memories with them. I have so many ideas to make Lincoln a better school and for everyone to jump of their seat and be ready to take a challenge without being scared or embarrassed.  I will do all that I can to make our school year the BEST one and of course unforgettable!

Unfortunateley, the other candidates, Daniel Cervantes, Andrew Levitt, Brooke Panian, Anna Regalado, Emily De La Rosa, Elizabeth Saravia, Johanna Hunter, Nelson Peña, Christian Salazar, Arthur Javier, Marily De Alba, and Nathiana Preciado were either not available or did not get back to us.

We wish all these contestants the best of luck, and ask you to vote in the 2014 Lincoln ASB elections.