Lion Tales

Elected Officers: 2018-2019 School Year

It’s official! The ASB & Class officer election is over and the student votes are in! The following people are the new elected officers for Abraham Lincoln High School´s 2018-2019 school year.

During her campaign Meghan worked really hard, running for the position of ASB President, Meghan Schroeder was able to surpass Julianna Sainz and officially secure the position. Some of Meghan´s great qualities are that she is very organized, a hard worker, and has past experience in Leadership & in Link Crew.

Isabelle Santiago
Pictured is Meghan Schroeder, the student elected ASB President for the 2018-2019 school year, at Abraham Lincoln High School.
(Isabelle Santiago/LionTales)

Meghan looks forward too being next year’s ASB President. Some of her vision for this coming school year is to make sure Leadership is being more connected to each and every student at Abraham Lincoln High School, and providing them with events and activities to have fun. One goal she will strive to accomplish is to improve the time frame 0f the advertisements for the different events & activities, so that students will actively be aware of what is going on around campus and not have time find out about things last minute.

In this year’s election running for the ASB Vice President was Jeffery Shmelzer and Jeffery’s competition was his previous opponent, Ellie Guenturt. Jefferey was a little nervous campaigning against her this year, since he lost the campaign last year. However he felt more experienced and more confident this time around and was able to secure the position for the 2018-2019 school year.

Isabelle Santiago
Pictured is Jeffery Schmelzer, the student elected ASB Vice President for the 2018-2019 school year, at Abraham Lincoln High School.
(Isabelle Santiago/LionTales)

Jefferey’s vision for the coming school year is to make school a place that’s more than just books and classrooms, but also a place they can come and have fun. A specific goal he wishes to accomplish is to help advertising by starting to record and broadcast Lincoln news & event information, such as for sports games, quad activities, class events or information, etc. that way students & teachers will always be in the loop. Another goal he wants to help accomplish is increasing the level of school spirit among the students and staff.

For the position of ASB Secretary, Ruel Yang was running against Brianna Gonzales, and was able to secure the position for the 2018-2019 school year. Ruel has been a hard worker, as a part of Leadership during this 2017-2018 school year and it was the experience that had encouraged him to campaign for the 2018-2019 school year.

Pictured is Ruel Yang, the elected ASB Secretary for the 2018-2019 school year, at Abraham Lincoln High School.
(Isabelle Santiago/Lion Tales)

Ruel looks forward to stepping up in Leadership and help bring to life Meghan & Jeffery’s vision and help accomplish all goals, for the coming 2018-2019 school year.

Danielle Wellman secured the position of Junior Class President for the 2018-2019 school year. Danielle “Dan”, was a part of the Leadership class during the 2017-2018 school year.

Isabelle Santiago
Pictured is Danielle Wellman, the elected ASB Treasurer for the 2018-2019 school year, at Abraham Lincoln High School.
(Isabelle Santiago/LionTales)

Her visions for the coming school year is to take advantage of every fundraising opportunity and also help create a strong bond between the Junior class, that way when they are Seniors they will be able to finish high school strong. A goal she wishes to accomplish is increasing school spirit.

About the Contributor
Isabelle Santiago, Reporter

Isabelle Santiago is a senior at Abraham Lincoln High School, in San Jose, California. She was born in Sacramento, California, but has spent the last two...