Lion Tales

Filed under Showcase, Sports

Football Friday! Isaac Juarez Athlete of Week

Isaac was recognized by the Bay Area News Group as the Athlete of the Week for his play as fullback for Lincoln's Varsity team.

Isaac Juarez, senior fullback for the 18-19 Lincoln Lion Varsity Football Team, was named Athlete of the Week by the Bay Area News Group October 2018. (for Lincoln Lion Tales)

Isaac Juarez, a senior fullback, was named as one of the Athletes of the week for the Bay Area by the Mercury News. For Lincoln’s varsity football team, Isaac is listed at 5′ 8″ and 175 pounds, shredding up the varsity level for the Lions.

Through 3 games, he has rushed for 472 yards and 7 TDs while rushing. I went ahead and asked Isaac how he felt about himself being nominated, he said, “I was very pleased when I received the award.” I asked him how he prepared, he said, “I just keep my mind straight, I just mostly focus on the positives then the negatives.”

He also is a great track runner for the track team in the Spring. I asked him how important coaching is to him, and he said “It just keeps my mindset right on how I want to prepare for everything and it helps me get better.”

Adam Arenas, who also has had a good season so far, is a junior that fills out the offensive backfield at running back. His best week as a rusher was when he ran for 216 yards and 2 TDs with 23 carries against Pioneer. These 2 running backs have combined 178 carries, 1,463 yards gained, 16.4 combined avg. yards, 292.6 yards per game, 7 100+ games, 17  touchdowns this season. The Lions are pushing there way to a great season with a 3-0 start in league play.

If you see Isaac or Adam, wish them luck against their next opponent, Santa Teresa, this Friday, October 12, at 7pm.

About the Writer
Jason Leimbach, Journalist

Jason Leimbach is from San Jose, Ca. Friends and family usually call him JJ for short. He likes to play baseball and basketball for his sport activities. Jason`s favorite music genre is hip/hop & R&B. This year is going to be his 12th year playing baseball. He has a great personality of funny and kind. Jason is always in a fun and active mood even if he is having a gloomy day. Jason in never shy to speak in front of the class or in a big crowd to speak up. He is looking forward to a great sophomore year in journalism.