Lion Tales

Filed under Showcase, Sports

Football Friday! Isaac Juarez Athlete of Week

Isaac was recognized by the Bay Area News Group as the Athlete of the Week for his play as fullback for Lincoln's Varsity team.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Isaac Juarez, senior fullback for the 18-19 Lincoln Lion Varsity Football Team, was named Athlete of the Week by the Bay Area News Group October 2018. (for Lincoln Lion Tales)

Isaac Juarez, a senior fullback, was named as one of the Athletes of the week for the Bay Area by the Mercury News. For Lincoln’s varsity football team, Isaac is listed at 5′ 8″ and 175 pounds, shredding up the varsity level for the Lions.

Through 3 games, he has rushed for 472 yards and 7 TDs while rushing. I went ahead and asked Isaac how he felt about himself being nominated, he said, “I was very pleased when I received the award.” I asked him how he prepared, he said, “I just keep my mind straight, I just mostly focus on the positives then the negatives.”

He also is a great track runner for the track team in the Spring. I asked him how important coaching is to him, and he said “It just keeps my mindset right on how I want to prepare for everything and it helps me get better.”

Adam Arenas, who also has had a good season so far, is a junior that fills out the offensive backfield at running back. His best week as a rusher was when he ran for 216 yards and 2 TDs with 23 carries against Pioneer. These 2 running backs have combined 178 carries, 1,463 yards gained, 16.4 combined avg. yards, 292.6 yards per game, 7 100+ games, 17  touchdowns this season. The Lions are pushing there way to a great season with a 3-0 start in league play.

If you see Isaac or Adam, wish them luck against their next opponent, Santa Teresa, this Friday, October 12, at 7pm.

About the Writer
Jason Leimbach, Journalist

Jason Leimbach is from San Jose, Ca. Friends and family usually call him JJ for short. He likes to play baseball and basketball for his sport activities....

1 Comment

One Response to “Football Friday! Isaac Juarez Athlete of Week”

1. Markus Hernandez on October 16th, 2018 10:40 am

Issac is so hottt omg have you seen him when he take off his shirt oh my god.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Football Friday! Isaac Juarez Athlete of Week

Arts & Entertainment

Lincoln presents PIPPIN!

Community

Lincoln Participates in Bay Area School Walkout

Arts & Entertainment

SING! Recap

Lincoln News

First Ever Latinos Unidos Dance

Lincoln News

“Glow-Up” Spring Dance

Artes y Entretenimiento

El trabajo de estudiantes de fotografía digital exhibido en el Colegio de De Anza

Arts & Entertainment

Digital Photography Students’ Work Showcased at De Anza College

Community

5 Seniors Discuss Their Plans After High School

Lincoln News

SJCC and Lincoln: Partners Providing Pathways During and After High School

Community

When it Rains: Student Shares Story of Near Evacuation

Bilingual Student Newspaper of Abraham Lincoln High School, San Jose California.