Lincoln Baseball Team Beats Mount Pleasant 11-1

Last night our boys varsity team beat Mt. Pleasant in a 11-1 win. It seemed too easy for the Lincoln boys to take the win. Due to the 10 run rule the game ended after the 6th inning. For those who don’t know, the 10 rule is that once a team is up by 10, the game ends.

The starting pitcher for the game was sophomore Andrew Shafer, who pitched 5 innings and let junior player David Plasencia close the game. Freshman catcher Robert Najar caught the whole game and threw a couple players out on second base with his strong arm making each of his throws.

The game started with a hit into the window of left and center field by sophomore player Tobias Veyna.

The Cardinals were not able to score any runs in the first, second, third, and fourth inning of the game. In the sixth, however they got their first run. It was all they got past the Lions.

There were great hits from seniors, Luke Steinbach and Kevin Keiser. Seniors were able to get base hits and some RBI’s for their team, bringing in Robert Zamora, Tobias Veyna, and Kyle Ochoa.

Sophomore player Kyle Ochoa went up to bat four times, striking out the first time but coming back with two doubles and a triple to redeem himself in his game. He also made some great plays on third base, making it look easy with his throws to first base. 

Although this was a non-league game a win is a win and the Lions were able to take it. Come watch the Lincoln boys in their next game against Andrew Hill, April 29 at Lincoln at 4:00!