Early Bird Invitational

Cross+Country+team+at+Early+Bird+Invitationals.%0A+

Cross Country team at Early Bird Invitationals.

On September 7th, the first invitational (Where teams are invited to compete with each other) for the top cross country runners at Lincoln.  The race is a 5k race meaning 3.2 mile race.  The meet was divided by grade levels and by gender.

The race started with the freshmen girls. Liv Brashears represented Lincoln very well running in a time of 21 minutes and 16 seconds, placing 13th. The freshmen boys followed up after. Lencho Areda ran 21 minutes and 22 seconds, placing 110th. The third race to start were the sophomores. Erin Thesing ran 26 minutes and 34 seconds, placing 125th. Sophomore Alejandor Zapiem ran an outstanding race finishing in a time of 17 minutes and 44 seconds, placing 28th. It’s was Zapiem first cross country race in high school. The fourth race was the juniors. Kira Brashears ran 24 minutes and 14 seconds, placing 59th. A veteran at running junior Jose Piña almost took home a gold medal. Piña ran the course in a time of 15 minutes and 55 seconds, taking second place missing the win by 3 seconds. Finally the seniors were up. Ayumi Yuasa ran 22 minutes and 53 seconds, placing 36th. Following closely to Ayumi was Bridget Perez running 23 minutes and 2 seconds, placing 37th.

Overall both the girls and boys team did well. The Lincoln ladies placed 25th out of 45 teams. The Lincoln gentlemans placed 31st out of  49 teams.