Thinkin’ Lincoln Challenge: Improve Your School And Win Money!

Nikola Zivkovic

Students have a opportunity to receive money as well as have their project realized. (Lincoln Lion Tales/ Nikola Zivkovic)

Thinkin’ Lincoln meeting was held on Tuesday, Apr. 7th in Room 52. The amount of people attending was nice, which means that a good number of people were interested in helping Lincoln, as well as winning some money for themselves.

Mr. Richard Nguyen, who also trained Lincoln’s Mock Trial team, presented everything to the interested Lions. His presentation included all the details and rules for the competition.

Indeed, Thinkin’ Lincoln is willing to fund all projects that do not exceed $2000. This is a great way to show students that clever thinking combined with hard work and being creative can  significantly improve something.

The rules are that all participants need to be Lincoln High students. The 1st prize is $300, 2nd is $150 and 3rd wins $75, on top of the money the team gets to fund their project. The team money is equally distributed among members.

Last year’s winner was the Hydration Station, but it has not been built because of some administrative problems. However, Mr. Nguyen said that Mr. Hewitson is doing his best to enable the station as soon as possible.

Mr. Nguyen encourages every Lincoln student to participate, so there will be more great ideas to choose from.

The winners, even if a senior, will be called to the grand opening of their project and would have their picture taken.

Mr. Nguyen said that the Thinkin’ Lincoln team consists of ex-principals, teachers and parents of students that attended Lincoln. He also described them as “people willing to donate money for something.”

He advised students that might have issues on their own to work in teams. For example, if one has a problem with public speaking and his co-worker might not be great in writing, they should co-operate and do the best they can.

Thinkin’ Lincoln is a great way to help both the school and the students do something useful, thanks to the helpful people that were willing to donate for this nice cause.