Freshman Parent Night

Freshman, Stella Thomas one of the many students who attended Freshman Parent Night.

Kayla Aryanpour

Freshman Night was on Sept. 17. The parents of the freshman came down to Lincoln High School to get some useful information. According to Mr. Mora freshman parent night was roughly an hour and it went a little longer because some parents stayed after to ask questions. The parents were very involved and asked many good questions. Mr. Mora said it was “just a meeting regarding freshman requirements,  a timeline, and just informing the parents how to help their son or daughter with the first couple months of Freshman year. Also, [the night informs parents about] the transition from middle school to high school.” They explained all the tips for how to help their child succeed and they explained how they should plan the next 4 years for their son or daughter. He said  “The parents had a lot of questions on activities, requirements, and extra help their children can get to be successful.”

He explained the sports, performing arts, and Career Center. The Career Center is a place to help all students graduate and keep them on track. They help you with your credits and they have helpful advice for students from personal experiences. They have programs like Student Support, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Family Resources, Athletics, Academics, Cheer, and Homework Center. The programs were explained with graduation requirements, timelines, and extra curricular.  Freshman Stella Thomas attended Freshman parent night with her mom and she said “it was so cool to learn about all of the requirements and when I got home that night my mom told me she is glad she went and got information so she knows what to expect and how she can help me be successful.”

It was a very helpful night for the parents. Mr. Mora added as a final note that “the night was a success and turned out to be a great success. Lots of parents made it and were very involved the whole time.”