Senior Checklist For Graduation

Hey Seniors! For those of you who don’t know, graduation is right around the corner with the official date being Wednesday June 3rd, 2020. But in order to be able to walk the stage, make sure you have each of the requirements finished by May 1st, 2020. 

Requirements:

– 40 hours of community service

– 220 credits

– Algebra Certificate

– Health Certificate/First Aid certificate

Lincoln requires every student to have completed 40 hours of community service in order to walk the stage, alongside with the required credits (220), an Algebra certificate acquired by passing Algebra I or Algebra II, and a Health/First Aid certificate which every student should have completed in their PE/Dance classes. After finishing all of these requirements, you will be ready to walk the stage alongside your Class of 2020. But in order to be able to go to any state colleges or universities, you must make sure to have these items complete in order to be eligible.

Requirements:

– FAFSA or Dream Act completed (recommended)

– 2.0 GPA or above

– High School Diploma or GED

Now if you are a student who is aiming to go to a CSU or UC, you may have to work a little harder than most students. Colleges will be looking for the best of students, so the more AP’s you’ve completed and the better grades you have, the greater chance you have of being accepted. Some colleges will also ask a student to write a personal letter about themselves talking about why they would be a good addition to the school.

Requirements:

– 3.0 GPA or above

– At least have had 3 or more AP classes (recommended)

– High School Diploma

– Personal Essay completed (only for certain colleges)

When asked if there was anything students should do to be prepared, Lincoln Councilor Jennifer Mendoza said, “Students should really just expand their studying options and time management. It will come back to help them during those busy days.” When asked about how he feels about going to college, Senior Giovanni Quezadas went on to say, “I haven’t done anything to prepare, but I’m ready for whatever college throws at me.”

For those of you haven’t done so, make sure you have these requirements completed before graduation in order to walk across the stage with our class of 2020!