All Juniors to take CAASPP Next Week

Students will follow this schedule Monday through Wednesday.

It’s time for another standardized test at Lincoln! This time, it’s a new one called the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP), which will soon be replacing the STAR (CST) program.

According to the Lincoln website, “This year, CAASPP is being field tested to determine how well individual questions allow students to demonstrate what they know and still need to learn.” Because of that, “schools, districts, and students/families will not receive scores” following the test, unlike most other standardized assessments.

The CAASPP is a computer-based testing regimen. Since it is such a new concept, prior to the test proctors will play a video about the Universal Tools students can access while using the testing software. While being tested, students will be able to access a special “secure browser”, a web browser that only allows participants to take the test, disabling all other applications for the time being.

From April 7-9, all juniors will venture to various classrooms during the A, B, or C testing block, missing either 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th, or 5th and 6th periods. Testing is to include an English portion, Math portion, and a Math performance task. Students should bring headphones and a writing utensil with them to the testing location.