A Week of Craziness

Lincoln’s first spirit week was a success, and a great way to start the school year.

Weird clothes, funny hair, and students with high spirits. This past week was the first spirit week of the school year at Lincoln.

Spirit week is a fun activity that the students especially enjoy participating in. Spirit week is loved by students and teachers since it brings excitement and interactions with new people.

Spirit week doesn’t have the clearest definition, but it includes everyone dressing up following different themes throughout the week. For example, our spirit week began with Monday being Super Hero day and Tuesday as “Tropic like it’s Hot.” The week continued with Wednesday as Western day and Thursday having a Lion Pride theme. The week concluded with Friday being class color day.

Spirit weeks always include pep rallies. Our first pep rally of the year was this past Friday and was a huge success.

“The rally was energetic and had a lot of spirit. Classes of 2016 and 2015 seemed to have the most spirit. I’m super glad we started off the school year right,” said junior Tatiana Alviso.

The rally consisted of an enthusiastic audience, cheerful band, and lots of spirited participants. Each grade level could be spotted dressed up in their class colors. They were cheering out the names of their grade levels, with the loudest sections being the seniors and juniors.

Leadership hosted a game called “box soccer.” This game was played by two members of each grade level. They put a box over themselves and played soccer in the gym. Unfortunately, no team was able to score in the allotted time so the game concluded with a draw.

The rally was much fun; it’s always loved since it is a great way to bring all the students together and start the year right!

Spirit weeks are usually spread out throughout the year with different games and themes to follow. Be sure to keep yourself updated for the next spirit week.

IMG_8748 (640x480)IMG_8760 (640x480) (640x480)spirit week 7IMG_8753 (640x480)photophoto-1photo-1.PNGphoto-2photo-3