Q & A with New Administrators Butler, Guzman, Lyte-Crowther and Wan

(UPDATE: 9/12/14 Added information)

This year Lincoln has a lot of new administration with some interesting backgrounds. The new administrators have many bright goals and exciting plans to help our school and its students.

One of these administrators is former P.E. teacher, Ms. Butler. Lion Tales asked her a couple of questions about her experiences and her new position.

Q: What are you looking forward to most this school year?

A: I am looking to fulfill my role this school year as an assistant principal of guidance, and reach out to kids who need guidance.

Q: What are some of the responsibilities an administrator in your position might have?

A: Some of the responsibilities I have are getting kids on the right track and helping them get to college.

Q: How important is your role?

A: My role at Lincoln is extremely important because I help the kids make the bridge from high school to college.

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am from San Jose, CA. I went to Silver Creek High School, which was a very diverse school and the teachers were very supportive.

Q: What college did you go to?

A: I went to San Jose State University; I was a student athlete. I played basketball and the position I played was power forward.

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: I like to exercise, play piano, be a background singer in songs, and I love reading. I also like to watch basketball; my favorite team is the Oakland Warriors.

Another new administrator is Mr. Guzman, the assistant principle of equity and guidance.

A: I am looking forward to working with staff, faculty and working with students and the parent community.

Q: What are some of the responsibilities as an administrator that you have?

A: Some of the responsibilities I have include working with “English Language Learners” and their parents.

Q: How important is your role?

A: I believe every assistant principal has an equal importance in school. No role is more important than the other.

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am from Guadalajara, Mexico but I grew up in the Bay Area.

Q: What college did you go to?

A: I went to San Francisco State University; it was a really good school.

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: I do a lot of outdoor activities with my kids.

Ms. Lyte-Crowther is also a new administrator at Lincoln. She is the assistant principal of instruction and guidance. Ms. Lyte-Crowther originally started teaching at Hoover. She taught at Lincoln for eight years, switched to Leland and eventually returned to Lincoln.

A: I am looking forward to getting back and reconnecting with students.

A: My main responsibility is to make sure all students have a good education, some other responsibilities I have are making sure the school is a safe environment, always looking for the best school supplies for students and being leaders for students.

Q: How important is your role?

A: My role is important because I work with Special Ed students. I am the adviser for the 11th grade, I am in charge of teacher development and I work on interventions.

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am originally from Tennessee but I grew up in San Jose

Q: What college did you go to?

A: I went to Santa Clara University, Coach Collins also attended Santa Clara University at the same time.

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: I like to golf and I love to read, I have over 1000 digital books.

Mr. Wan is the new assistant principal of Instruction at Lincoln.

A: I am looking forward to seeing the smiles of the seniors that are graduating along with having a successful year with all students on campus.

A: I am responsible for putting the schedules together for all the students, I make sure all the right textbooks are ordered for the students, I make sure the classes offered are eligible for college admission and I am the 9th grade advisor.

Q: How important is your role?

A: I believe my role is very important because it impacts the entire school.

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am from El Paso, Texas, I moved a lot throughout my childhood, but I spent most of my life in the bay area.

Q: What college did you go to?

A: I attended UC Davis, I loved the experience and the campus.

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: I like to run, I like to watch movies, tv shows, football and basketball. My favorite basketball team is the San Antonio Spurs!

Our new administrators are very excited to be here and work with the students to improve and make their high school experience a memorable one.