Spotlight on Students: Fall Recess

Have you done something exciting for fall break? Did you go skydiving, visit Yosemite National Park, or partake in another interesting activity? Some of your classmates have. Three Lincoln students recently shared their fun fall break experiences with Lion Tales.

Senior Allem Mekrai went to Yosemite National Park with his family over the week-long break. He described it as “really fun [and I] had a really good time with my family. Really great experience” said Mekrai. “It was a good bonding time with my family and loved ones,” he continued. Going to Yosemite is always a fun time, especially in good weather. Luckily, Mekrai’s family visited prior to a recent fire that ignited areas of the park.

Jocelyn Ramirez
Jocelyn Ramirez

Junior Jocelyn Ramirez went to Mexico City with her family to attend her mother’s wedding. She found the trip to be “really fun and amazing to be with my family and see my mother get married to the love of her life.” Ramirez called it a “really good experience for my family.”

Eyob Feisa
Eyob Feisa

Sophomore Eyob Feisa spent one day going skydiving with his friend. According to Feisa, jumping out of a plane thousands of feet above ground was “a terrifying experience. I didn’t want to jump. I feared for my life.” He said, “I’ve always been scared of heights and I just felt like I needed to get over my fear.”

For these three students, the break was a fun time spent with friends or family. Feel free to contact Lion Tales with your own exciting fall break stories.