Lion Tales

Opinion: Is Donald Trump’s Impeachment Seen Abroad Great News?

Opinion: Is Donald Trump’s Impeachment Seen Abroad Great News?

Tabatha Menten, Journalist

January 15, 2020

A quick summary If you don’t remember why Donald Trump has been impeached, here’s an easy summary! Two months ago, Donald Trump has been accused of digging up damaging information on one of his Democrat challenger and his son, thanks to the President of Ukraine. He had also withholds $400m of militar...

OP-ED: Australian Wildfires: Who’s Helping and What You Can Do To Support

OP-ED: Australian Wildfires: Who’s Helping and What You Can Do To Support

Ariana Noble, Editor

January 15, 2020

A nationwide fire that has killed 24 people and burned down 2,000 homes is nowhere near the end. The air in Australia is almost unseeable with orange skies, not from the sunset. As fires are normal in Australia due to their warm and dry climate, this fire season is hitting harder than the rest. With cont...

Knives Out Movie Review

Knives Out Movie Review

Kevin Gonzalez, Reporter

December 20, 2019

Warning: This story contains spoilers for the movie Knives Out. Knives Out, directed and produced by Rian Johnson, takes place in a small town in Michigan. The movie travels back and forth between the Thrombey mansion and the rest of the town. It is a murder mystery film starring multiple cast membe...

Final Game as the Oakland Raiders

Final Game as the Oakland Raiders

Gio Quezadas, Journalist

December 20, 2019

Sunday December 15th, 2019 was, and will be, the last Raiders game played in Oakland. The Raiders lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars by a score of 20 - 16.  The Raiders held a 16 - 6 lead going into the 4th quarter. However, the Jaguars proceeded to score 14 unanswered points and winning the game....

Christmas in the Park Overview 2019

Christmas in the Park Overview 2019

Antonia Madrid and Mason Fenster

December 16, 2019

For over 39 years Christmas in the Park has been held in Downtown San Jose. The opening day of 2019 was November 29th, and will close January 5th, 2020. Christmas in the Park is open from 9 am-12am every day until then. Each year, there’s over 500 trees decorated by local schools, organizations and others. All for d...

Matilda the Musical Gallery

Matilda the Musical Gallery

Andrea Saldana, Journalist

December 13, 2019

Matilda the Musical was performed at Lincoln's black box Theater during the month of November. The play was based of Roald Dahl's book titled, "Matilda." A childhood classic that has now been created into a musical! This exciting story got the audience laughing and nostalgic as the characters played...

R.I.P. Juice Wrld

R.I.P. Juice Wrld

Gio Quezadas and Tania Cortes

December 13, 2019

Jarad Anthony Higgins, aka Juice Wrld, was a young 21-year-old rapper. He suffered a seizure at the Chicago Midway airport this last Sunday, December 9th, 2019. He was taken to the hospital and was unfortunately pronounced dead at 3:14 a.m. by the Advocate Christ Medical Center. There is still a big conc...

77th Annual Big Bone 2019 Gallery

77th Annual Big Bone 2019 Gallery

Andrea Saldana, Journalist

December 11, 2019

The 77th annual Big Bone game was at Lincoln on Thanksgiving day. The stands were filled with Lincoln alumni, students, and parents of football players. Everyone was excited to see the turnout of the game and see who would take home the bone for 2019. There were special performances from Lincoln's dance...

TRAP

Isaiah Avila, Evan Forrest, and Mason Fenster

December 9, 2019

Lincoln High School as of Wednesday December 4th 2019, started a new method to discipline tardy students, The Trap Room. According to Tiffany Kloeppel, the assistant principal “the last week alone, almost 50% of Lincoln’s students were late to at least 1 class. Students do not learn if they are not in...

Bang Bang You’re Dead! A School Shooting Play

Bang Bang You’re Dead! A School Shooting Play

Andrea Saldana, Editor

December 9, 2019

San Jose State University gave Lincoln High School the pleasure to have a first-look at their upcoming show titled, “Bang Bang You’re Dead!” written by William Mastrosione and directed by Buddy Butler. The theater show is about a young man and how his decision on shooting his high school was de...

Girls Soccer Preview

Girls Soccer Preview

Edgar Uribe, reporter

December 5, 2019

After a 5-0 win in the first preseason game against the Del Mar Dons and a 5-1 win against Mt. Pleasant in the second game, the Lady Lions continue to prepare for the upcoming 2019-20 winter season.  Last Season, the Lady Lions had an overall record of 5 wins, 10 losses, and 5 ties with the league...

OP/ED: My First Thanksgiving

OP/ED: My First Thanksgiving

Tabatha Menten, Journalist

December 4, 2019

November 28, I experienced my first Thanksgiving. As an exchange student from Belgium, I had never tried a Thanksgiving meal. What were the differences between this meal and a regular family dinner? What did I like? What did I dislike?  The Differences A family dinner is a dinner with your family. Thank...

Bilingual Student Newspaper of Abraham Lincoln High School, San Jose California.
Community