“Black Out” Game

Views from the football game on 8/30/19 against Silver Creek. (Gio Quezadas/ Lion Tales)

The Lions football team started the year off on a high note with a close week, 1 victory over the Silver Creek Raiders with a final score of 28-26. The bleachers were full of students, Lincoln faithful, and the Lincoln Band; taking up a section of the bleachers, displaying their musical talent and enthusiasm. Playing songs like “Go Big Blue,” “Final Countdown,” “Barbara Ann,” “Time Warp,” “Louie Louie,” and many more.

The team doesn’t have a game this week, but make sure to stop by the next home game on Friday 9/13 at 7 p.m. The game will be a “Black Out” game in which Lincoln Lions’ fans are encouraged to wear any black clothing to the game. So make sure to show your Lincoln pride by wearing black. Per senior football player Jacob Hernandez, “…it was Adam’s idea to have the bleachers blacked out.”  He originally posted a video to his Snapchat account announcing his idea. Since then, other football players have been forwarding the video. When asked about how he came up with the idea Adam Arenas said, “… I seen a lot of other high school having student sections…having a good time during the games…We want to have a good season just like last year, I think we should have a student section too. Just have fun and have a good time.” 

Listen to Adam, go out there, have fun and enjoy yourself at the game. We hope you see there in your black clothing on Friday 9/13 at 7 p.m. Go Lions!